Friday, August 14, 2009

Being Normal

"Hmm.. I am a Christian because I've said the sinners prayer and I believe and confess that Jesus came and died for my sins and He is risen again. So, I am happy as I am. I will go to church and come back. I will pray and do my devotions but that is all I will do. Anything else, I will not. I'll be going to heaven anyways." You sure?

Yes, though it is true that way to salvation is that we repent from our sins and confess and believe that Jesus is the Risen Savior and that He has died for our sins (Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, ), but not to do anything else and still be saved is purely a delusion. Did you not realize that in the Bible, not doing what is right is a sin?

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. (Jas 4:17, ESV)

What is the right thing? Let us put aside our common sense and logic first and lets see what the Bible says about what is right. The Bible actually has lots of indications on what is right and wrong. In fact, there are some things that the Bible actually COMMANDS us to do. Let us get this straight: it is not ASKING us to do but COMMANDING us to do!

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matt 28:19-20, ESV)
We are called to go and make disciples of ALL nations. Another commandment which many find it hard is this:

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Mat 5:44, ESV)

And this was spoken by Jesus Himself! These are two of the MANY things that we are commanded to do as Christians. So, as Christians, we HAVE to do these things. It is just a delusion that we can just be "NORMAL" and not do anything.

0 voices made known:

Post a Comment